The snow drifts were quite impressive. A four footer stands guard outside our front door, a three footer occluded our garage doors.
Yes, all the snow from my neighbor's yard found its way into my yard (yes, that is grass in the upper left corner of the picture below. And yes, the drift is high enough to bury the snow blower. (Excuse me, "Snow Thrower" in Nebraska)
Our two-stroke Toro earned its wage today. If it broke down tomorrow, I would consider it fully depreciated. I can't tell you how glad I am that I was able to tackle the drive mechanically instead of with a shovel.
By the way, I did scrape off the trampoline with a shovel today. After last week's ice storms, there were three inch thick slabs of ice over its entire surface.
Finally, we're having a winter to be proud of. The Bishop just called and they'll be shortening services tomorrow. Thank heavens, I was on the program to speak! (The Churnmeister ended up giving his talk any way. He hitched a ride with our bishop, who lives around the corner. Just goes to show you that you can't get out of a Sacrament meeting talk, so don't even try.)
2 comments:
Wow! That is A LOT of snow. What a blessing to have a snow "thrower"! :)
I am impressed with the snow! All I can say is I am certainly glad I was not one of the pioneers who were stranded at Winter Quarters - I definitely love central heat and automobiles and airplanes!
Post a Comment