Tonight, I made a new recipe for dinner that everyone seemed to like so I thought I would share.
Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken
2-3 chicken breasts cooked and cut up into 1" pieces-set aside
1 can drained pineapple chunks (I used 3/4 can of tidbits)
Saute in oil:
1 chopped green bell pepper (I left the pieces big enough for my pepper haters to pick out)
2 medium carrots cut into discs
1/2 medium onion (I used a red onion but, any onion would do)
Saute for 5-6 minutes
Sauce:
1/2 C brown sugar
1T corn starch
1/2t salt
1/2t paprika
1/2 C pineapple juice (I use the saved juice from the drained pineapple chunks)
1/4 C vinegar
Mix the sauce ingredients together and add to skillet with veggies. Cook and stir over medium heat until sauce is clear and thickened.
Add chicken and pineapple chunks to skillet. Heat through, serve over rice.
I served this with a big green salad on the side and everyone gobbled it up. Enjoy!
1 comment:
Yum... I've been wanting to make something different. Just made you minestrone soup and cheesy garlic bread last week. Everyone LOVE it :)
Post a Comment