World War II has always been something of interest to me. My Grandfather was involved in WWII. He was in a Navy Construction Battalion stationed in England. My father was just a baby when my grandfather left. Fortunately, my grandfather was one of the lucky ones and he was able to return home to his family. I often think about his sacrifice and the sacrifice of those men and women who did not return. The WWII monument was lovely and it nearly brought me to tears. I am truly grateful to the men and women who serve and have served in the military. They fight for the noble cause of freedom and truth. May God bless them and their families.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The WWII Monument was one of my favorites along with the Vietnam Memorial. So emotional. I loved seeing DC. It's fun to relive again through your pictures. The one of your kids at the pond is the best. Looks like you had so much fun together.
Post a Comment