Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Easter

C wrote this beautiful talk for Easter.  I just wanted to share.  He thought it up all by himself and dictated it to his grandmother

Easter
Next Sunday we celebrate Easter.
Most kids think Easter is about the Easter Bunny, colored eggs and getting a basket full of candy.
But I think differently--I think Easter is about Jesus Christ and how he died for us.
I think about how he prayed in the Garden of Gethsemene, asking our Father in Heaven to forgive us.
I think about how he suffered so much for the world's sins that he bled from every pore--that must have really hurt.
I think how one of his apostles betrayed him, and another apostle, Peter, denied that he knew him three times.
I think that is a pretty cool story because Jesus predicted the future.  I know Jesus must have been really sad.
I think about him being nailed to the cross, and dying for me.  I know that because he was willing to die for me I can repent and be forgiven of my sins.
I think about how wonderful Easter is because we celebrate the morning he was resurrected.  To me that means we will all be resurrected and live forever with Heavenly Father and Jesus and our families--even if we did make mistakes.
I am thankful that I am living here on earth right now, that I know about Christ's Atonement and Resurrection, and the real reason we celebrate Easter.  I am thankful for the gospel, and my family, and Jesus Christ.


2 comments:

Wendi said...

Wow! That really is beautiful. It's such a powerful testimony from a person as young as he is. :)

Gregory and Tracey Butters said...

Impressive young man with an impressive mommy!