I just wanted to put in a little about our Aprils Fool's Day. In the past I haven't done much but the kids were really into it this year. So, I borrowed a few ideas from a friend and tried to trick the kids.
First, in the morning one of the kids tricked me by getting up early and switching all the cold cereals. She thought that was hilarious, I thought it was pretty funny too.
I got them at dinner though. I made jello and put it in cups with straws and so when they tried to drink their "punch" they didn't get anything. Then I told them that we were eating grilled cheese sandwiches for dessert. It was really cake and orange frosting. I don't think I really fooled them with that one but, they played along. Then some cute friends fooled us with a flowerpot dessert. Complete with "worms" and "dirt". It was very cute.
All in all it was a fun day. Watch out though because I have some great ideas for next year.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The jello in the cups is a good one. :) And my sister's eight-year old daughter switched the cold cereal at their house too. :)
Post a Comment